Friday, April 22, 2011

The first time I lay my eyes on her!!!


So how qualified am I to write a review? Hmmm, lets see. One year old, in terms of biking, only one bike so far ridden, well the odds are quite stacked against me. But hey, I never said its a review. I did not even ride the bike. So read and forget this...

So there it was, a "GOOD FRIDAY" to begin with, in my office. Staring at the computer screen, the empty ODC seemed a little too silent, maybe because I was the only one in office, and more so maybe because I stopped talking. I stopped talking, mainly because I float in a dream world, where its just me and her, that black sexy curvy beauty. I just cant seem to get enough of her. Many people told me, don't love her man, she is not worth all your time and money. But hey, the problem is not when you smile at her, the problem is when she turns and smiles back at you. And indeed Bruna did smile back, a smile only the one with a motor on the right side of your chest, the one with a petrol tank filled with petrol instead of burger hogging stomach, can see, can feel and can dream of. To make matters worse, Honda people were delaying my marriage, which was indeed irksome. Somehow they seem to get some saddistic pleasure seeing me wait for my first night... er first ride I mean. However, it seems day will go by, before I pull down her... throttle.

So as I was sitting in office, I get a short service message(SMS) :D:) from my fellow rider Sudeep. We had come to a conclusion, if the showroom people do not call either one of us by 3pm, we will barge into Saphire showroom, come what may. Well, that's enough to make my day. I eagerly finish off my work, and do what I love the most; ride back home from office. At home, I am seeing Harry Potter and somehow wishing, "God, please let me see Bruna, let me have a look at her and get her glimse atleast for once". Somehow I felt God reply the same way showroom people do, "I will call you later". And lost in the
magical "Ungardian Laviosa", I forgot about the showroom visit, only to be woken up by Sudeep's ping. We decide to leave immmediately. En route, Girish(another fellow biker) was to join us.
The climate was excellent, slight drizzle, somehow since I love the rains, I felt as if something good was going to happen. Nevertheless both of them reached the showroom, and slow as I am, reached only to find my biggest villain in my marriage, the showroom representative Mr.Pradeep standing at the showroom doorway. Somehow the way he looked at me, I thought I am going to some disco and I am not dressed to the occasion and he is the bouncer. But all that was to change...


I greeted him saying, "Yes we are the ones who are the reason for which you are taking those sleeping pills." Went straight to the question, without any beating around the bush. Have the bikes arrived, he replied affirmative.















Yes this gap symbolises the way my mind was working. It went to standby mode. Then I fire, so can we see the bikes in the garage? He said yes...







































"Sir, sir,... Please have a seat. We will take you to our godown in five minutes." I did not hear it clearly, because my mind was dancing, my heart was hitting the rev-limiter, my blood was drying up due to overheating, my mouth was dry, like someone who had never smooched a female homo sapien for a decade, my hands were not shivering, they were vibrating like the front fairing of R15 on a pulsar. I look at Sudeep, he looks like as if he is missing that strip tease model, his eyes were right into mine. Girish was, well, was as if he is about "to arrive". For months, we have been waiting, not 3-4, but rather an year for me. From simple wish of seeing a 250 affordable honda to actually seeing it, man words cant suffice. You simply need to pinch yourself. We were about to witness a chunk of history that was made by Honda in direct competition to Kwacker.
Five minutes passed by, I did not realise. Maybe it was the adrenaline that made time move faster. Where is Einstein when you need him to explain Space-Time continum?
We start walking with Mr. Pradeep. I could see Sudeep and Girish talking to him but I was just unable to digest the fact that I am now so close at seeing Bruna.
Have you seen those scary movies, where you have silence all around and suddenly one scary guy who did not brush his teeth for a century, pops up in the screen and your heart starts revving up? Similary we move around the corners of the room, to finally see those girls. Like the girls in saree, fully dressed, yet sexy, four fully faired HONDA CBR250R, standing. Two black, two red, one abs of each color. And one thing after other we are going to shut everyone else. I said a million times, let me see her in flesh, not some photo like how my mom shows me to convince me to get married, but in real. And let me tell you this, IT IS BIG!!!
From all the extensive reading on XBHP/OVERDRIVE/CBR250R.net, we all knew what things we had to look forward to.
So here goes the list.
1. Sound is too good. I have heard the Ninja, and I felt it sounds better than Ninja in "LOW RPM's". And someone here posted on a biking forum that it sounds like a lawn mower. Well, I just bought a brand new shotgun on the way back. Still searching for the guy who posted that. Sound is amazing. And I can't wait to hear her all the way when she screams in excitement as I pull her to her higher revs, but hey thats gonna take some time. Her intial foreplay(run-in) period, I need to be gentle on her.
2. Handlebars, well, I remember someone had posted that the quality was bad. Well I won't completely disagree with that. The quality is good, but not upto the mark on the HH Karizma ZMR. When I say quality, I am saying only about the paint job on the handlebars. I feel they have done the painting(on the handlebars only) in a haphazard manner.

3. The bike is big. And for me,(I have an abnormal body, where in my torso is longer than my legs, not a joke), the seating position is really really sporty. Something similar to R15. I had sat on Aditya's(another fellow biker, proud owner of a proud Ninja) Ninja, and I feel I am in a sportier position than Ninja. But again, that maybe just me.
4. The build is tight, fit and no empty gaps or anything of that sort. Its quite compact in terms of fairing. I have seen my Alto(Suzuki 4 wheels), and there are no gaps of anysort in the fairing/rear cowl, etc. Its a tight good fit, like a girl in leather pants.
5. I felt the rider's seat a bit tough, when compared to your pillion seat. But thats something my local seat maker can fix. So no complaints on that regard.
6. Remember that screw hole under the fairing? Well the ABS model had that filled, it was empty in the non-abs version. So rest you can fill in your theories.
7. Its light and nimble, atleast when we sat on it. I have'nt test ridden it yet, so cant comment on the lightness when we ride it. But frankly speaking, when we sat on it, it did not feel as heavy as Ninja[Not a comparision, I only have the experience of Ninja and R15 seating].
8. The numberplate is a big story. Either you have to remove the front cowl, which would mean removing the side fairing to unbolt the number plate holder. Or you have to cut the plate holder. The choice is yours, either undress her and remove her unwanted tattoo or cut her skin off. I will wait till my first service.
9. The space under the seat is nimble enough to hold a normal rain coat and thats it.
10. The rear tyre is FAT, I dont mean the thin skinny(low profile) FZ tyre. I mean real fat, "Ya momma so fat that when she eats a hamburger its like watching Godzilla with surround sound" fat.
11. The silencer, well it looks good and matches with the big boy look.

Now whatever I said, just dont believe it. Inface whatever anyone said, dont believe it. Just go and have a look. Look at her and feel her teasing you like there is no tomorrow. You will feel like having the bike then and there. You wont wait for things to happen, you wont wait for RTO approval, you wont wait for some babu sitting in some wooden chair asking you to wait for 40 days, but you wanna ride her that moment. Suddenly you "Feel Like God".
I ride back, all three of us going our way. And again there were the rains. Like I said, maybe the rains is what I need. While riding, I was imagining, instead of 13 horses Maria pulls, what would it be like, to ride under Bruna pulling 26 horses. And in the rain, while riding, I was humming. Behne de mujhe behne de...

2 comments:

Aaryan said...

A love story.. Trust me, the same feeling, in fact even more than words.. :)
U hav done a better job of putting it together, but trust me, HATS OFF FOR PUTTING MY FEELINGS TO WORDS.. :) :)

Unknown said...

Thank you my friend.